Wednesday, March 13, 2002

MRI

Hi Jen,

Just a quick note about my MRI; I'm not sure who all knows about my episode of being disoriented while on L&D last weekend, but because of that, I was scheduled for an MRI last night. It went well (very noisy,but otherwise no real problem) and after it was over I told the tech that I was a Kaiser doc and asked if I could glance at the films. They said, "yeah, sure" so I walked over to look at them...and had, of course, no idea what I was seeing! Another tech said the radiologist was through a door behind us, so I went in and asked her if she could take just a minute to look at my films with me. Turns out she's a"neuro-radiologist." I didn't even know we had that variety.

Anyway, she looked them over and said that other than a sinus infection(which I've been battling for a decade or more) there really wasn't much else, at a quick look. Certainly no large masses, tumors, etc.

I had my abdominal CT scan today but it wasn't at Kaiser so I couldn't get to the films. I guess I'll find out something about that in a few days or so. I'll let you know when some results are in.

After feeling just about back to normal a week or so ago, I'm kinda feeling puny again. I'm tired and not much appetite. I've lost about 12 pounds in a couple of months; I don't like that much at all.

I'm seeing the hematologist tomorrow; I hope I get all my questions answered them. Ma's going along, too.

I'll let you know what we find out as we go along in this process. Until later...

Pops

No comments: