Monday, February 27, 2012

Intro to Book Five

Dave’s Great Adventure
Book 5, Intro
April 2, 2012
Astounding…just astounding!

We’ve had an extraordinary spring here in north Texas, with mild temperatures, gentle rains, lots of sun and perfect conditions for new growth. Everywhere one looks the trees are covered with fresh green foliage. And the byways, pastures and meadows are covered with a soft green growth of grass and flowers. Our famous (at least here in Texas) bluebonnets have formed wonderful carpets of blue almost everywhere you look along the roads and they’re interspersed with patches of magenta from the clover flowers and yellows from the daisies and such which are also blooming in profusion in many areas. The breezes have been gentle as well, unlike the typical screaming winds we often have in north Texas in spring. It’s been just about perfect and, I think, it’s the nicest spring we’ve been privileged to experience since our move back to Texas six years ago. It’s a beautiful season of renewal, new life and new hope.

I haven’t written anything in my long-running DGA series in a while, not because nothing has happened, but to the contrary, because we have been so very busy in the last two months. So much has happened that I haven’t been able to keep up. What little I’ve written I haven’t completed and only my family and a few friends have been kept abreast of what has occurred. And some incredible things have happened, both good and bad. I thought now would be a good time to try to catch up. But, since so much has occurred, I’ll break the update into a few shorter stories and send them out a bit at a time.

Some of my family and friends will recognize earlier versions of the chapters as I’ll base them on letters I have shared with them over recent weeks, but many of you will see this stuff for the first time. But the story is just amazing, at least to me and Kathy, in the number things that have occurred in such a short time, and the timing of so many events. I’ll be sending them on shortly. If they become tedious, the “delete” button can be your friend. If you find some of this interesting, I’d love to hear from you as I get the stories out to you.

Dave

No comments: